Thursday, October 15, 2009

Just How Does She Do It?

Well, I’ve only lost 12 pounds so far, but I thought I’d share just how I am going about this weight loss journey.  Basically I am counting calories and controlling portions.  In the beginning (back in August) I signed up to a calorie tracking site and logged in every bite I took.  After a while I got good at knowing just what I should have at each meal and for snacks, so I haven’t actually tracked my calories lately (and I’m still losing!)  I do not eat anything special.  I eat what I serve my family.  I can’t afford to buy and prepare food for only me.  Here’s a typical day.

Breakfast  Kashi Honey Sunshine cereal (1 cup) and 1/2 cup milk

Snack  a banana sliced into a bowl and topped with Yoplait yogurt and sprinkled with cinnamon

Lunch  a sandwich made with Arnold Thin Bread (100 calories and delish), 1 tbs peanut butter and 1 tsp jelly, a piece of fruit (apple, pineapple, grapes, whatever is on hand.)

Snack  a low cal granola bar or Snickers nutrition bar (150 calories) this really holds me over till dinner and gets me through my afternoon workout

Dinner  Bbq chicken leg prepared in crockpot, 3/4 cup mac&cheese, and as many steamed veggies as I desire.  I love those new frozen veggies that come in their own bag to steam in the microwave…quick, easy and so good for you!  My family prefers them as well.

Snack  my faves are a Yoplait Delights Caramel Creme (100 calories) or some microwave popcorn

That’s a typical day.  If we order pizza I have 2 slices of cheese.  If we eat out or at someone else’s house I just watch my portions and don’t order anything fried.  Oh, and I mostly drink water but do have about 1 glass of sweet tea a day (sweet baby, with real sugar and all lol.)

As you can see from my previous posts, I do exercise.  I always have.  But I didn’t start losing weight until I lowered my calorie intake.  So I am not an exercise fiend or nut by any means, I just do it when I feel like it and don’t push myself.  I average about 5 days a week.  So far, so good!  I know the holidays will be hard, but I think I’ll make it through.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Template-Mama • Digiscrap by Just So Scrappy