Monday, November 9, 2009

Monday 9 November

What a weird day!  We are expecting Tropical Storm Ida tonight and most of the schools closed in anticipation…except ds’s school.  Then this morning ds4 woke up with no fever but vomiting.  I got an appt at the doc for him and asked ds1 to take ds2 to school.  While at the doc (btw just a virus thank goodness, ds4 is well on the mend) I overhear the nurses saying that school will let out early.  GREAT.  I am a good half hour away stuck in the doc’s office when the dumb school decides to dismiss early.  By the time I got there ds2 was one of the last kids there.  So now he is off tomorrow for the storm and Wednesday for the holiday!  Ds3 had a dentist appt. tomorrow but they cancelled it for the storm as well.  I missed a homeschool open house, too. 

51HUsHmjhjL__SL500_AA240_ Even after all that, I did manage to exercise!  This dvd came in the mail from Netflix.  Love it!  First because it’s Biggest Loser.  Real people do this workout and it shows…they miss steps, get out of rhythm, take breaks.  And so do I.  Second, Bob is in charge, not Jillian.  He is tough, but kind.  He tells you it’s okay to modify a jumping jack, to drop the weights, to go to your knees when you need to.  But he is still encouraging and keeps you going.  The moves in this workout are simple, but very cardio intense.  I mean, with one you are just reaching up and down while moving side to side, but it really gets you sweating and breathing heavy!  I didn’t use weights since I did a firming video yesterday, but it was still super effective.  I also like that it is short and sweet.  Things I didn’t like…Bob (like Jillian) doesn’t do the workout with you.  I don’t like that because the instructor can keep the rhythm better if he is doing the moves with you.  I also don’t like how Bob sometimes just stops in the middle of an intense cardio series…goes from jumping jacks to standing still or jogging in place to standing still.  I find it helps if I keep moving all the time.  But in the end, I really like this one and will keep it a while (maybe even buy it sometime.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Template-Mama • Digiscrap by Just So Scrappy